Wednesday, March 25, 2009

That's Not The Kind Of Persistence I Was Talking About!

In case you missed it here is the video of tonight's press conference with the POTUS.




My favorite line of the night (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) was when the POTUS said in response to Ed Henry's question about why it took so long for the administration to speak out (in outrage I presume) about the bonuses at AIG, "I like to know what I'm talking about before I speak." Talk about one line zingers. That was essentially a verbal backhand to the face of (with all do respect to CNN’s Ed Henry) a reporter who keeps asking a question to which he has gotten the answer. The best part is that he did it with a smile (albeit with a stern tone). He was essentially saying that he wasn't elected to be outraged, he was elected to be a leader in tough times and such leadership requires a cool head and all the information that can be obtained in the time allowed. I like that!


-Noface

No comments: