Monday, March 29, 2010

A WINDOW SEAT

Update: Since the original video was removed from Youtube you can watch the video here.


WOW! I watched this video several times matching the lyrics and general mode of the song to the visuals being displayed in the video, in order to get what I think is the overall message Ms. Badu is trying to convey. I admit it it took me several views because I kept getting distracted by eye candy that is Badu's female form (I'm not as deep all the time as some would think/hope that I am). When I finally figured out what I think she was trying to say, I found that it was quite insightful and keeping with her provocative style.

I'm not going to pick apart the different aspects of this video (and their meaning) in this post though. I would much rather have others watch it and express what they got from it (well see if our thoughts match up).

-Noface

2 comments:

Untouched Jewel said...

Well, aside from miss Badu gettin stark naked, from what I could understand of her overall message, is that ppl are so comfortable in being in the "norn", that they are too afraid to buck against the system and be themselves.

That's just my two cents on the matter. I could be wrong though. LOL.

Mr. Noface said...

I sort of saw it as the individual stripping away the layers of conformity to reveal her true self and after suffering violence she is reborn as an evolved individual. I could be way off base (if I am, I blame Badu's distracting nakedness), but that's what I got from the video.